Who wants to eat “healthy food”? Just say it out loud and feel the apprehension. Food should be delicious, crunchy, savory, or sweet to be appealing. You can enjoy flavorful food and feel satisfied without overeating or even eating unhealthy foods.
Here are a few flavor enhancers to make tasty meals and snacks:
Lemon and Olive Oil
- Squeeze the juice onto fresh greens with a tablespoon of olive oil for a sensational salad.
- Peel the rind to boil with quinoa for a zesty flavor. When cooked remove rind, drizzle with olive oil and fluff with fork.
- Combine the juice, rind and oil for marinating meat.
Fresh herbs can magically flavor up dishes without adding a lot of salt, butter, and fat.
- Flat leaf parsley has a clean flavor and also pairs well with lemon. Remove leaves from stems and chop to add to pasta, eggs, salads, potatoes, and meats.
- Scallions or green onions add a bit of texture, color, and flavor. Cut crosswise into sections and garnish salads and salsas. Add to stir-fries, perk up sandwiches, or scramble into eggs.
- Add fresh basil leafs at the end of cooking for maximum flavor. Snip and add to sauces, salads and homemade pizza.
Spices and seasonings can take food from blah to marvelous.
- Black peppercorn freshly ground is one of the most popular spices.
- Crushed red pepper flakes add sharp flavor without over powering.
- Garlic, whether freshly peeled, minced, or powdered perks up your taste buds.
These are only a few of the sweet and savory favorites to make your food fabulous.